Södermalm - Spectacles
We love the shapes of MONC's distinct geometric sunglasses and spectacles and that the frames are all produced in a family-run workshop in Italy.
Södermalm is for the wearer who wants to make a statement as they venture out in the world. Inspired by the heart of design, fashion and culture within Stockholm, Södermalm is a melting pot of creativity where textile and fashion entrepreneurs meet to inspire and create.
- A fresh take on cat-eye and wayfarer frames, flattering design suits a wide range of face shapes
- Sustainably sourced leather case made in England
- Includes microfibre cleaning cloth and frame tool kit
- Packaging made from recycled coffee cups
Bio-acetate frame structure.
Stainless steel 5-barrel hinges.
LENSES & PRESCRIPTIONS
MONC currently offers Single Vision prescriptions lenses for spectacles, including anti-scratch and anti-glare coatings.
For standard Single Vision spectacle lenses MONC recommends and use the following based on your sphere values. Sphere values are marked SPH on your prescription:
- For sphere values (SPH) up to +/-3, we use 1.5 or 1.6 lens designed for basic prescriptions. (+£0)
- For sphere values (SPH) between +/- 3 and 5, we use 1.67 lens designed for medium prescriptions. (+£25)
- For sphere values (SPH) between +/- 5 and 8, we use 1.74 lens designed for stronger prescriptions. (+£50)
- For sphere values (SPH) +/- 8, please email us at email@example.com for more information
If you are unsure on what type of lenses you require, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you checkout and we think you need a certain lens type, we will get in touch to discuss this after you've order your spectacles.
Fits small to medium size faces.
Total Width: 142 mm
Lens Height: 41 mm
Lens Width: 49 mm
Nose Bridge: 21 mm
Temple Length: 145 mm
ABOUT THE DESIGNER
Launched in London in 2016 by Freddie Elborne, MONC represents a new era in which quality, provenance and ethical production methods are of the same importance as the aesthetics of the finished item. With a background in product, interior, and spatial design, Freddie combines these skills to create an edited selection of unisex eyewear, each created within the same meticulous design process.