Södermalm - Spectacles
Södermalm is for the wearer who wants to make a statement as they venture out in the world. Inspired by the heart of design, fashion and culture within Stockholm, Södermalm is a melting pot of creativity where textile and fashion entrepreneurs meet to inspire and create.
- A fresh take on cat-eye and wayfarer frames, flattering design suits a wide range of face shapes
- Sustainably sourced leather case
- Includes microfibre cleaning cloth and frame tool kit
- Packaging made from recycled coffee cups
Bio-acetate frame structure.
Stainless steel 5-barrel hinges.
LENSES & PRESCRIPTIONS
MONC currently offers Single Vision prescriptions lenses for spectacles, including anti-scratch and anti-glare coatings.
For standard Single Vision spectacle lenses MONC recommends and use the following based on your sphere values. Sphere values are marked SPH on your prescription:
- For sphere values (SPH) up to +/-3, we use 1.5 or 1.6 lens designed for basic prescriptions. (+£0)
- For sphere values (SPH) between +/- 3 and 5, we use 1.67 lens designed for medium prescriptions. (+£25)
- For sphere values (SPH) between +/- 5 and 8, we use 1.74 lens designed for stronger prescriptions. (+£50)
- For sphere values (SPH) +/- 8, please email us at email@example.com for more information
If you are unsure on what type of lenses you require, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you checkout and we think you need a certain lens type, we will get in touch to discuss this after you've order your spectacles.
Fits small to medium size faces.
Total Width: 142 mm
Lens Height: 41 mm
Lens Width: 49 mm
Nose Bridge: 21 mm
Temple Length: 145 mm
ABOUT THE DESIGNER
Launched in London in 2016 by Freddie Elborne, MONC represents a new era in which quality, provenance and ethical production methods are of the same importance as the aesthetics of the finished item. With a background in product, interior, and spatial design, Freddie brings experience in designing for use and material experimentation to MONC, combining these skills to create an edited selection of unisex eyewear, each created within the same meticulous design process.
MONC believe in responsible product design. They challenge the norm by championing craftsmanship through responsible sourcing and ethical production methods. MONC continues to produce all of its frames in one of the last family run workshops in Italy using only the most experienced artisanal craftspeople.
Every purchase of frames also comes with a slip-case which is handmade in England using ethically-sourced and naturally tanned leather. The slipcases are the ideal complementary addition to every MONC frame. Over time the case’s colour and tan to represent the user's journey.